Inner North Drawing Classes
Tuesday mornings / Friday evenings
Ainslie Scout Hall
Term Two Enrolments Now Open
Learn to Draw the World Around You
Genevieve Swifte’s observational drawing workshops are perfect for young artists from thirteen years of age, creative professionals, complete beginners and people with all levels of ability.
Classes take place at the Ainslie Scout Hall on Ebden Street on Tuesday mornings 10am — 12pm or Friday evenings 6pm — 8pm. Classes run in six week blocks during school terms.
Term Two Dates:
Tuesday Mornings 10am to 12pm, six weeks
18th & 25th May, 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd June
Friday Evenings 6pm to 8pm, six weeks
21st & 28th May, 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th June
The classes tend to be a wonderful mix of beginners, talented teens and experienced artists. The exercises are guided and flexible to accommodate all abilities and sensibilities. We develop fine motor and perceptual skills, approaches to mark making and the depiction of forms in space.
All classes are carefully researched and are designed to:
• Help you see the world around you with greater clarity.
• Translate what you see from three dimensions into two.
• Heighten the sensitivity and dexterity of your hand, wrist and arm.
The course caters for all skill levels — from complete beginners to advanced practitioners. Participants will have access to:
• Guided observation and mark making exercises
• A solid introduction to foreshortening and the depiction of forms in space
• Expert feedback and support
For more information please get in touch via the contact sheet below: